Snohomish Heating | Puget Sound Gas
Puget Sound Gas has over 25 years of experience in satisfying the unique needs. We know as well as anyone how temperamental the weather can be in this area, and we also know how important it is to have your home or office heated properly in the winter.
Our company offers a variety of choices for our customers to choose from. We have the finest in home and office furnaces, and we can help you select one that will pay for itself in 10 years. In addition, we can help you choose which product is right for you and for your budget.
We perform H.V.A.C. inspections!
To satisfy any of your heating needs, look no further than Puget Sound Gas . We are proud to provide the best service at the lowest rate! Whatever your heating concerns, calls Puget Sound Gas . Our staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and we can help!
Facts About Carbon Monoxide
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the number 1 cause of poisoning deaths in the United States, with more than 3,800 people known to die annually from CO (accidentally and intentionally)
- Fire causes nearly two-thirds of known fatalities. Auto exhaust and faulty heating equipment cause the remaining one-third.
- Young children, pregnant women, senior citizens and people with heart or respiratory problems are especially vulnerable to CO poisoning.
- CO inhibits your blood's capacity to carry oxygen.
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a lethal poison that is produced when fuels such as gasoline are burned. It can rapidly accumulate even in areas that might appear well ventilated. Because CO is colorless, tasteless, odorless and non-irritating, it can overcome an exposed person without warning. It frequently produces weakness and confusion, depriving the person of the ability to seek safety.
From where does carbon monoxide gas originate?
- Vehicles and any other combustion engines running in an attached garage – even when an outside door is open (Remember: Never leave a car running in the garage)
- Any fuel-burning appliance that is malfunctioning, such as furnaces, gas range/stove, gas clothes dryer and water heaters (Remember: Always properly install gas range)
- Fireplaces, charcoal grills and wood-burning stoves (Remember: Never grill indoors)
- Blocked chimney or flues (Remember: have them checked at least once a year)
- A furnace that runs constantly or is unable to heat the house
- Soot, especially on appliances
- Loose, damaged or discolored chimney
- Unfamiliar or burning odor
- Yellow or orange flame in a gas appliance. However, contrary to popular belief, Carbon Monoxide can, and often is, produced from a blue-burning flame.
- Loose or missing furnace panel and vent
SYMPTOMS & EFFECTS OF CO
Recognizing early warning signs of CO poisoning is sometimes difficult because early symptoms of CO exposure (headache, dizziness, nausea) are nonspecific and may be mistaken for symptoms of other illnesses such as colds, flu or food poisoning
Furnaces have many parts working together to get your home heated and some of those parts are for your safety. Our fall inspection will include a qualified technician to inspect your furnaces safety switches to make sure you and your family are safe. Call or schedule your inspection online at our contact link.
Call us today at 425-343-5566 or fill out our online contact form.